Monday, December 8, 2008

Winehouse's husband in trouble too?

Amy Winehouse's sometime husband Blake Fielder-Civil is apparently suffering from some short-term memory loss.
In an interview last week with the News of the World, he claimed he was living substance-free and wouldn't take "a single penny" from the currently hospitalized singer.
Now, with the rehab-flunking jailbird facing another year in the pokey after reportedly failing a drug test, he may be looking to line his pockets with moolah from the woman he admits he "ruined."
"Blake has asked Amy's manager for $1.5 million to walk away from their marriage and not write a tell-all book about it," a source tattles to the tabloid. "He's so two-faced. He just wants a payoff. Money's his driving force."
Fielder-Civil's mother, Georgette, says Winehouse's father, Mitch, made him a "secret" $75,000 offer to hit the bricks, which he refused, apparently saying, "If Amy wants to divorce, I need to hear it from Amy -- not you. You're organizing your daughter's divorce settlement and she doesn't know anything about it. I'm not going to discuss anything with you."
Sniffs Georgette to the paper, "Mitch's $75,000 offer was an insult. Amy's worth $14.8 million and Blake's her husband. He's entitled to at least $4.4 million after all he's been through with her."
Fielder-Civil, who allegedly escaped rehab last week and made a beeline for Amy's hospital bed before heading back behind bars (depending on which report you believe, they may or may not have enjoyed an early conjugal visit), previously told the tab that he was cutting his mess of a missus loose in order to save her.
"I dragged Amy into it, and without me there is no doubt that she would never have gone down that road. I ruined something beautiful," he said. "Now I have to let her go to save her life. I am not abandoning her. I am doing this out of love."
He then declared, "I'm not interested in her money. I always offered to do a prenuptial agreement before we got married. And if Amy wants a divorce, I'm not going to fight her for anything. It's going to be the saddest day of my life. But it doesn't matter if I turn up in the divorce court homeless and with no shoes on, I'm not taking a single penny off her."

Source // MSN Entertainment

No comments: