Thursday, January 8, 2009

EX-clusive: Austin MacDonald is just getting started

If you haven't heard of Austin MacDonald yet, you're going to now. Austin is one cool dude who's passions include martial arts and acting. His current resume includes starring in the Family Channel/Nick movie series, Roxy Hunter (which stars Aria Wallace) which is very popular with the young ones. Roxy (Wallace) is a young super-sleuther. Austin's still on his way to becoming a big star, but he's getting there. 'still.a.rockstar' had the chance to EXCLUSIVELY have a short interview with him, and here's what he had to say:

How did you get started in acting?
I started out doing a little modeling when I was a baby, but stopped around 4 years old. My mom was a model before I was born so my sister picked it up and did a little TV work as well. I met my manager through my sister. She set up a meeting in her office and well, here I am today!

Who would be your dream co-star in either a movie or television show?
If I was starring with a girl it would be Miranda Cosgrove. Of course I have already had the opportunity to work with one of my best friends Aria Wallace. If it was a guy, definitely Matt Damon!

Do you do anything else besides acting?
Where do I start? I take singing lessons, love video games. My passion is martial arts though. I am level 2 Krav Maga, Level 2 XSD, am working at level 2 Wu Shu (kung fu) and am training with these amazing guys from Fast Motion Media Group doing Stunts working on fight choreography and wire work. I also do Acro with some great tricking and b-boy friend’s. I would love to be the Canadian James Bond one day and do all my own stunts. I would love to take up guitar but don’t know where to fit it in my schedule yet!!

Do you have any advice for people who want to get into acting?
Do your homework!! Never sign with someone who wants lots of money from you up front. Train!! Take lessons, they don’t have to cost a fortune to start. Do local theater, get good pictures and if you are lucky enough to have a manager like mine listen to their advice about everything from braces, hair, what you need to work on and your pic selections.
It is not easy to be in this biz, lots of competition and you have to be able to take criticism and not be hurt by it. You have to believe in yourself first so that when mean or disrespectful things are said or written about you, you don’t take it personal and are hurt by it. OH, directors can get pretty loud sometimes when it’s getting late!
It is a lot of late nights, really cold or really hot sets, memorizing lines, missing outings with friends. But the rewards are amazing. The people you meet, the places you get to go. I love it but I have a really supportive group behind me so that makes a word of difference.

Thanks Austin MacDonald!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have seen him and he is soooooooooooo hot!!! cant wait to see more of him

Anonymous said...

I see him in alot of comercials and seen him on youtube. He rocks!! he is so cute

Anonymous said...

totally awesome and hot

Anonymous said...

woot woot he is so sweet !! I heard he is dating Aria wallace they are all over the net together. they r so cute together

Anonymous said...

I think he is so cute. he is on little Mosque on the Prairie now
Babsy

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute!!!